For more information about 888Poker and the opportunities available at the world´s largest online poker network, please see our 888Poker Review.
Lucky Ace Poker is a skin on the 888 Poker network which was launched in January 2008 to be primarily marketed to players in Germany. Despite being practically a replica of the 888 Poker site, Lucky Ace Poker has attracted a popularity of its own and now offers telephone customer support in English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Other than telephone customer support (something that 888 Poker does not provide), Lucky Ace Poker has a section on its web site devoted to “poker tips” (they used to have a poker school, but term seems to have come to an end on that) and a potentially valuable “Refer-a-Friend” program to encourage more players to the site.
Lucky Ace Poker´s Choice of Games
Lucky Ace Poker´s choice of real money poker games is limited by what 888 Poker has to offer – so fairly disappointing if you are not a fan of No Limit Texas Hold´em. Omaha and 7 Card Stud table games are provided for, and there is a strong community of regular players at these tables, but even these formats of online poker are poorly represented in the Sit n Go and multitable poker tournaments.
Lucky Ace Poker does host the popular “Double or Nothing” Sit n Go tournaments and there is a weekly feature “Sunday Challenge” tournament which has a $100,000 guaranteed prize pool and an affordable $82.00 + 8.00 buy-in. New players at Lucky Ace Poker can compete for a free seat in the $100,000 Sunday Challenge in the “First Depositors Challenge” played every Friday at 7.00pm (GMT) and there are frequent low buy-in satellites to the site´s feature tournament available for existing players.
The Level of Traffic on Lucky Ace Poker
Through the network, Lucky Ace Poker enjoys one of the most consistent levels of traffic among the leading online poker sites and, whereas some online poker rooms experience dramatic highs and lows throughout the day, Lucky Ace Poker benefits from the network´s strong database of players in Asia and Australia to keep plenty of cards in the air around the clock.
The site has an average of 2,000 players playing cash games during the day and another 1,000 or so participating in tournaments. Consequently there are not that many low buy-in tournaments that offer value in over-rides – especially as many of the lower buy-in guaranteed prize pool tournaments have a re-buy and add-on structure – and players involved in these events seem not to be so fussy about their opening hand selection.
The Standard of Play on Lucky Ace Poker
Other than the low buy-in R/A tournaments, the standard of play on Lucky Ace Poker is fairly good. New players should not be afraid of dipping their toe in the water on this site, as Lucky Ave Poker is one of the friendliest online poker rooms to play at and, if you are making mistakes when you first start playing, it is likely that some old-time recreational player will suggest that you adjust your betting actions to something more appropriate.
Lucky Ace Poker has a casino site attached to it, but it is not so popular, and the likelihood is that if you are sitting on a Lucky Ace Poker table, you are playing against opponents who are there to play poker – rather than a punter who has drifted into a game from a sports-betting or horse-racing site. Consequently, the note-taking facility provided with the Lucky Ace Poker software is one of the most valuable tools you can have.
The Lucky Ace Poker Bonus
We cannot remember a time when the Lucky Ace Poker bonus was anything other than a 100% match bonus on first deposits up to $400.00 – although they did once allow players to access 25% of the deposit immediately. Consequently we are pretty familiar with the requirements to get the Lucky Ace Poker bonus and an example of how to clear the poker bonus is featured on our page about poker bonuses.
In a nutshell, the Lucky Ace Poker bonus is redeemed by earning Bonus Points every time you contribute to the rake deducted from a pot in a cash game or pay a fee to enter a Sit n Go or Multi Table Tournament (2 Bonus Points/$). Every time you collect 100 Bonus Points, $10.00 of the outstanding Lucky Ace Poker bonus is dropped into your account balance until you have cleared the full amount you are entitled to, or your 90 day time limit expires.
How to Download the Lucky Ace Poker Software
Unlike its network provider (888 Poker), Lucky Ace Poker only offers a poker download for Windows and mobile. There is no “Instant Play” facility for Mac users. To access the Lucky Ace Poker download, click on any of our links to take you to the Lucky Ace Poker web site. Click on the “Download Now!/Click Here” button and the .exe file will automatically save to your download folder (the poker download often starts automatically if you use a Firefox web browser).
Double click the installation file that has been has downloaded, read and accept the End User License Agreement and select whatever shortcuts you would like to include in the installation process (it is usually a good idea to have a desktop shortcut to save searching for Lucky Ace Poker among your other software and computer programs). Click “install”, and the software will install itself onto your computer – opening the Lucky Ace Poker client once the installation is complete.
Setting Up a Lucky Ace Poker Account
The next page of the Lucky Ace Poker account set-up asks you to choose a user name (this will be your screen name), a password and a security question in case you ever forget your password. Finally (on the next page) you are asked to provide your address, post code and a contact phone number. Click on “Finish” and you are ready to make your first deposit and start earning Bonus Points towards your Lucky Ace Poker bonus.
Funding a Lucky Ace Poker Account
Lucky Ace Poker has a secure cashier which offers players a wide variety of deposit options for funding their online bankrolls. The selection varies according to your country of residence, but generally includes Visa and MasterCard, prepaid vouchers such as PaySafe, eWallets including PayPal and Skrill, and real-time bank transfers from your personal bank account.
The site pays withdrawals back to the source which was used to fund the Lucky Ace poker account – unless you have used two or more different sources, in which case the funds are divided up. Checks withdrawals are available if you have used a payment method to which money cannot be repaid (i.e. PaySafe) and all player funds are kept isolated from the company´s operating accounts for your security.
Lucky Ace Poker Loyalty Program
Although the points that you collect to redeem your Lucky Ace Poker bonus are referred to as “Bonus Points”, there is a parallel points system running in which “Status Points” determine your VIP status and the rewards you will receive for playing at Lucky Ace Poker.
Status Points themselves have no redeemable value, but are converted at a 1:1 ratio into “Reward Points” which can then be used in exchange for cash rewards or tournament entries. As you earn more Status Points, the level of your status increases and multipliers are applied to your Reward Points to enable you to get more cash and rewards.
For example, if you were to accumulate 500 Bonus Points/Status Points in your first month, you would achieve the Status of “Silver”. This would double the number of Reward Points you earned in month 2; so, if you collected a further 500 Status Points during your second month playing at Lucky Ace Poker, they would be converted to 1,000 Reward Points, which could be redeemed for $10.00 or saved towards more valuable rewards.
Extra Features available on Lucky Ace Poker
There is not a lot to distinguish Lucky Ace Poker from 888 Poker since they did away with their “Instant Bonus”, although the multi-lingual customer services department is a plus for new players or those who encounter problems downloading the Lucky Ace Poker software. Finding Lucky Ace Poker comparable to 888 Poker is no bad thing, as 888 Poker is one of the leading online poker sites with trusted and secure facilities and an excellent community spirit.
There are advantages to opening an account for bonus hunters who are familiar with the standard of play on 888 Poker, as they will know exactly what is required to clear the Lucky Ace Poker bonus. Players who have developed an unplayable persona on 888 Poker (for example, nobody wants to play you because you are so good) will also find it of benefit to be able to change their screen name to avoid being identified by poker tracking software such as Sharkscope and Hold´em Manager (HEM) – although you are not able to transfer any Status Points you have already collected on 888 Poker to your new account.
Lucky Ace Poker is Most Suitable for:-
- New or recreational players
- Players who like a bit of value in high buy-in tournaments
- Bonus hunters who have cleared their bonus on 888 Poker
- Players trying to avoid the attention of poker tracking software
Avoid Lucky Ace Poker if:-
- You have a Mac OS
- You expect freerolls to be free
- You do not like taking notes
- You have tried 888 Poker and did not enjoy it
Lucky Ace Poker Q&A
- Can you create an account with Lucky Ace Poker if you already have one with 888 Poker?
- You can create an account on both sites and clear both bonuses, but you will not be allowed to log into your Lucky Ace Poker account while still logged into 888 Poker.
- How many players compete in the Sunday Challenge?
- Around 700, with the top 108 cashing. There is one re-buy allowed within the first three hours, but that still leaves a considerable over-ride picked up by Lucky Ace Poker.
- What are the Freerolls like on Lucky Ace Poker?
- There are a stack of free poker tournaments every day, but many of these are also re-buy and add-on events. The higher your VIP status, the higher the value of the freerolls, and the less fishy they become.
- Is the Lucky Ace Poker bonus easy to clear?
- “Easy” would not be the right word to use as it requires some time and effort to clear the bonus. It is possible with just a few hours a day at the tables, but be careful not to blow your bankroll chasing a bonus against more experienced players.
- What is the “Refer-a-Friend” scheme?
- One of the reasons that Lucky Ace Poker continues to grow is because it offers players up to $150.00 per friend that is introduced to the site (subject to amounts deposited and play-through requirements) and the friend qualifies for an extra bonus of up to $50.00 as well.
- What is “Account Verification”?
- The personal details that you enter during the Lucky Ace Poker account set-up have to be verified to prove you are who you say you are. Normally this is done by sending a copy of photo ID and proof of address to Lucky Ace Poker and it is a good idea to get this procedure out of the way when you first register an account with Lucky Ace Poker, because you will not be able to withdraw from your account until the account verification is completed.
- What are the system requirements for the Lucky Ace Poker software?
Lucky Ace Poker Download for Windows for MacIntosh System Requirements Minimum Recommended Minimum Recommended Operating System Windows 95 Windows 7 n/a n/a Processor 100MHz Pentium 333MHz Pentium n/a n/a Memory 96MB RAM 256MB RAM n/a n/a Disc Space 20MB 60MB n/a n/a Screen Resolution 800×600 1024×768 n/a n/a
- The Lucky Ace Poker loyalty program does not look all that good if all you get is $10.00 a month?
- The loyalty program is just one of the benefits of playing on Lucky Ace Poker and – as an example – we picked a low status level that most recreational players could achieve without too much effort. For many low stakes recreational players, an extra $10.00 each month is very welcome.
- Whatever happened to the Lucky Ace Poker school?
- We are not absolutely sure, but it might have been taken offline after receiving criticism for “teaching new players how to become shark bait”. Some of the basic information about how to play poker has been preserved on the site and will be useful for new players to read. If there are any strategy articles still there, don´t read them!